[XeTeX] Make Tamil font as default

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:25:10 CET 2016

Hi,

the best way is to use the polyglossia package. Define the fonts by
\newfontfamily\tamilfont{...}, set the languages by
\setdefaultlanguage{tamil}
\setotherlanguage{english}

Then the default text will be in Tamil in the Tamil font and you will use
either \textenglish{a few words} or

\begin{english}
Longer English text, may contain several paragraphs
\end{english}

I have prepared a bokk in Hindi+Czech and another book in Czech+Hindi+Urdu
exactly this way.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz