[XeTeX] misplaced accents in printout only?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:10:05 CET 2016

Hi Dominik,

can you try the same text with another font? I remember a similar problem
with csfonts a few years ago. For explanation, if you have to dra "a" glyph
in the font, you start by moving from the reference point to the beginning
of the outline. Now you want to draw "á". You have "a" in the font, you
have the acute accent. A naive idea is to draw the accent first, then move
back to the reference point and then draw "a". Doing this you have two move
operations in a sequence, one from the end of the accent outline to the
reference font, another from the reference point to the beginning of the
"a" outline. this is not allowed. Some rasterizes can cope with it and the
result looks as expected, some rasterizers do funny things (they usually
delete one of the moves. It might be your case, so probably the font
contains a sequence of two moves for the dotbelow accent.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz