[XeTeX] potential new feature: \XeTeXgenerateactualtext

ShreeDevi Kumar shreeshrii at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:22:09 CET 2016

Testing dev-actualtext.pdf sent by JK

   - Adobe Acrobat Reader XI on Windows 10
   - Does not highlight text fully
      - SEARCH finds words and word parts correctly but usually highlights
      only beginning of the word containing the letter
      - COPY paste to NOTEPAD++, OPENOFFICE WRITER works correctly,
      - Save as TXT file does not work correctly - only saves ... in it,
      not the actual unicode text which can be copied
   - Foxit Reader 7.3 on Windows 10
      - Highlights text fully,
      - smallest highlight unit is word,
      - COPY paste to notepad++ as well as SEARCH does NOT work correctly as
      Unicode text is not fully correct.

ूय

िनकोड क्या ह ? ै

   - ​Save as TXT file does not work correctly - saves the unicode text
      with same problems as in copy and paste​

      - ​Microsoft Edge Viewer on Windows 10
   - ​
      Highlights text fully,
      - COPY paste to notepad++ as well as SEARCH does NOT work correctly
      as Unicode text is not fully correct.

      य ूिनकोड क्या है?

      - ​
   Previewing from within gmail in Chrome on Windows 10 -
      - Highlights text fully,
      - smallest highlight unit is word,
      - COPY paste to NOTEPAD++, OPENOFFICE WRITER works correctly,
      - (highlights only first letter of first word in paragraph यू rather
      than full word यूनिकोड)
      - there is NO SEARCH feature
      - there is no save as TXT file feature
   - Same as above while Previewing from within gmail in Internet Explorer
   on Windows 10

ShreeDevi