[XeTeX] potential new feature: \XeTeXgenerateactualtext

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Feb 23 15:52:34 CET 2016

Jonathan,

this is splendid. Adding support for the PDF "ActualText" tagging layer is a huge step.

I wonder — what happens in case of mathematical formulae?

I think it would be rather clever to embed the TeX notation or even, huh huh, MathML into the ActualText layer for the math mode — per equation, of course :) . Or use the "Unicode math linear format" as proposed by Microsoft:
http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn28/UTN28-PlainTextMath-v3.pdf

A.

Sent from my mobile phone.