[XeTeX] New feature REQUEST for xetex

ShreeDevi Kumar shreeshrii at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:06:04 CET 2016

I am attaching a sample pdf and it's OCRed text using Tesseract OCR (
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract).

The resulting pdf allows for search as well as copy paste for devanagri
unicode text.

The pdf is rendered using the original image, but the OCRed text is
available as text layer making it a searchable pdf. I do not think it uses
'actualtext' but I could be wrong. It allows for search for letters/partial
words but the highlight is in the ballpark, not always on that exact letter.

(please note that search may not find the original text as displayed in pdf
because OCR is not accurate for devanagri).

ShreeDevi