[XeTeX] New feature REQUEST for xetex

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:37:03 CET 2016

How Jonathan,

how do you put the ActualText to PDF? Is it per syllable, or per word? We
have a commercial OCR software that can convert scanned PDF to pages with
selectable texts. I have not examined it thoroughly but it seems to me that
it analyzes the scanned image, splits it to subimages "per word" and
attaches ActualText to each word. In such a way it is impossible to select
just a group of characters, the smallest entity that can be copied & pasted
(or searched for) is a word. It might fix the hignlighting problem but I am
just guessing.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz