[XeTeX] New feature planned for xetex

Kamal Abdali k.abdali at acm.org
Fri Feb 19 16:26:08 CET 2016

Hi Zdeněk,

Kudos! You figured one out correctly, and got only close on the second one
because I gave you the wrong clue! Sorry. The two word-separated parsings
of the second text are:
جمالو   ہار   گیا۔
جما   لوہار   گیا۔
meaning: " Jamaloo was defeated" and "The ironsmith Jumma has left". While
we are on fun and games, it's worth mentioning an embarrassment related to
the same Nastaleeq ambiguity that a Pakistani TV channel suffered
recently.  An announcer pronounced the Urdu transliteration of the English
phrase "motor vehicle" as "MoTroo Haikal", most likely thinking of it as a
proper noun.

Kamal Abdali