[XeTeX] New feature planned for xetex

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Feb 19 08:50:22 CET 2016

Akira Kakuto wrote:

> I have tried to build a binary for win32:
>
> http://members2.jcom.home.ne.jp/wt1357ak/xetex-ctx-spc.zip
>
> I don't yet test myself.
> I'll remove this file in due time.

/Arigato gozaimasu/, Akira-san.  May I ask "what is the recommended way
of testing new Win-32 releases such as this" ?  I ask because I was
about to start researching how to find the location of my "TeXMF-local"
tree when I thought to check my path first, and I see that the path
makes no reference to anything that even /might/ be TeXMF-local.  On
that basis, it would seem that it is necessary to unpack the ZIP file on
top of the distribution binaries, but then there is no easy way to roll
back if it does not work, since more than one file is involved.

For the time being I have archived the whole /bin/win32 directory, then
overwritten the production version; all seems well on my current
project, but as with the earlier trial release I still get reports along
the following lines :

> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0600
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0601
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0602
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x0603
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x06dd
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x070f
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x2028
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0x2029
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0xfff9
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0xfffa
> Unable to update the static FcBlanks: 0xfffb

** Phil.