[XeTeX] Copyright page with \pagestyle{empty} clears all styles

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 05:39:19 CET 2016

Hi,

--- On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Herbert Schulz
<herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
| But I thought there was a problem with using \thispagestyle with his
| package.
\--

Yes.

When including the copyright page, I am not able to use \thispagestyle
in this line:

  https://github.com/shakthimaan/xetex-book-template/blob/master/example/preamble.tex#L28

Also, I reset the pagestyle to plain, and hence the fancyhdr settings
are not seen in the chapter pages. See page 8 at:

  http://shakthimaan.com/dump/book.pdf

I tried using the following in config.sty (after the \chaptermark definition):

=== Re-defining plain ===

\fancypagestyle{plain}{%
  \fancyhead{}
  \fancyfoot{} % clear all fields

  \fancyhead[LE,RO]{\thepage}
  \fancyhead[RE]{\slshape \booktitle}
  \fancyhead[LO]{\slshape\leftmark}
}

=== END ===

But, I get this error when I try to generate the PDF:

=== ERROR ===

Package Fancyhdr Warning: \headheight is too small (12.0pt):
 Make it at least 13.59999pt.
 We now make it that large for the rest of the document.
 This may cause the page layout to be inconsistent, however.

[3]
! Undefined control sequence.
\f at ncyerh ->\slshape \booktitle
                                \strut
l.46 \cleardoublepage

? q
OK, entering \batchmodeMakefile:15: recipe for target 'book.pdf' failed
make: *** [book.pdf] Error 1

Any suggestions?

SK

--