[XeTeX] Using ucharclasses for combining marks

ShreeDevi Kumar shreeshrii at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:56:00 CEST 2016

Very few fonts have support for the vedic accents (combining marks and
characters from Devanagari, DevanagariExtended and VedicExtensions unicode
blocks).

I am trying to use the combining marks and characters from Devanagari,
DevanagariExtended and VedicExtensions unicode blocks with text in various
Indic scripts, eg. Gujarati, Tamil as well as Devanagari.

I have had some success in the same using ucharclasses and have been able
to get the combining marks to work with Gujarati script. However, using
Devanagari text in the same document is not working.

I have posted details, MWE and some images of output at
https://github.com/Pomax/ucharclasses/issues/21

I am also posting here in the hope of getting some guidance on any
alternate approaches for fixing the problem.

Thanks!

ShreeDevi