[XeTeX] ucharclasses needs some help for XeTeX 0.99996

Mike "Pomax" Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Thu Apr 21 21:32:19 CEST 2016

Hey all,

I've not kept up with XeTeX the last few years, but people are now
reporting that as of 0.99996 the ucharclasses package no longer works
properly, with the logs showing that charclasses are still getting
bound, but content that should be using fonts as indicated with some
fontspec/transition rules instead try to make use of
[lmroman10-regular]:mapping=tex-text, which will quite obvious go wrong.

If anyone knows how XeTeX's interchar system has changed since 0.99992,
could I ask they have a look at
https://github.com/Pomax/ucharclasses/issues/14 and comment on why might
be fixable so that ucharclasses works with 0.99996 again?

I've not looked at TeX/sty code for so long I hardly understand how the
package works at this point =(

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans