[XeTeX] Options needed for using hyperref with XeTeX

Andrew Dunning andunning at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:09:54 CEST 2015

Dear list,

There was a suggestion on this list in 2009 at <http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2009-December/015145.html> that when using hyperref together with XeTeX one should use setpagesize=false; a separate thread, <http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-December/015132.html>, indicated that one should also use unicode=false. As far as I can tell, these options are no longer required with the most recent versions of XeTeX and hyperref, but I would be grateful to know if they are still required in any situations.

I’ve posted a slightly more involved version of this question (also including LuaTeX) at <http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/273339/89086>.

(If you are curious about the context, I am looking for ways to simplify the LaTeX template used by Pandoc, at <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-templates/blob/master/default.latex>, and ensure that it follows best practices. This aims to provide a minimal framework for creating documents and slides using XeTeX, LuaTeX, or pdfTeX. If you happen to see any other ways in which this can be improved, it would certainly be appreciated.)

All best,

Andrew Dunning
PhD Candidate
Centre for Medieval Studies