[XeTeX] [tex-live] -dAutoRotatePages=/None in the distiller_template

Hironobu YAMASHITA h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 03:33:28 CET 2015

 > I meant: "User-intended pdf figure rotation" is suppressed in xdvipdfmx.
 > That's a big problem.

I attach a minimal example, test.zip. I will explain about the contents:

First, test.tex is a LaTeX source file.
Now I have fig.pdf as an original figure, and I want to rotate it clockwise.
Of course I can rotate fig.pdf by \rotatebox, but I choose to rotate it
beforehand:

$ pdftk fig.pdf cat 1east output fig-rot.pdf

rotates fig.pdf clockwise (that means insertion of /Rotate 90).
Adobe Reader guarantees rotation, as shown in what-i-see.png.

When I compare the results from "pdflatex test.tex" and "xelatex test.tex",
only xelatex does not rotate fig-rot.pdf, even though I rotated it
beforehand.
What I see in test-xelatex.pdf is different from what-i-see.png.

/Rotate (Rotate integer) appears in PDF Reference: please see TABLE 3.27
"Entries in a page object", in the same place as the definition of
/MediaBox.

Hironobu