[XeTeX] Incorrect rendering of Vedic Sanskrit accents

David M. Jones dmj at dmj.ams.org
Mon May 25 02:07:16 CEST 2015

Thank you!  Yes, that does explain almost everything.  I'm pretty sure
I read that section, but I obviously completely failed to understood
it, possibly because I didn't understand that "svara" didn't refer to
vowels.  (Ghu only knows what I made of the passage.)

There's still the problem of the combination of visarga plus accent:
in the examples, the accents should be centered on the ta, not on the
visarga, yes?  I don't know if that's a problem with the shaping
engine or with the font, though.

I'll update the sourceforge ticket and the sample files.

Best wishes,
David.

P.S. I just noticed that my comments about the accents and Devanagari
digits is out-of-date: somehow I didn't notice that they work in the
latest version of XeTeX.  I think the udatta should be better
centered, but that looks like a problem with the font.