[XeTeX] Case changing for Greek

Bruno Le Floch blflatex at gmail.com
Sun May 17 12:10:29 CEST 2015

On 5/7/15, Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> That is correct Jonathan. In fact the general rule is that a σ at the end of
> a word becomes always a ς. The only exception is when the final vowel is
> cut due to a grammatical phenomenon that occurs is the following:
>
>  σώσ' τα (save them)

This case seems really hard to detect.  The Unicode definition (that a
sigma is final if the last non-Case_Ignorable character is Cased and
the next is not) wrongly considers the second sigma in your example as
a final sigma.

Perhaps we need an explicit way to say that a given sigma is final or not.

Bruno