[XeTeX] Case changing for Greek

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu May 7 15:41:17 CEST 2015

On 07/05/2015 14:23, Nikos Platis wrote:

>> For performance reasons that code has been set up to assume that a
>> sigma is final if it is followed by a space, a control sequence or a
>> character from the list
>>
>>     ) ] } . : ; , ! ? ' "
>>

> I would add to this list the dashes, "anoteleia", the greek closing quote
> "»".
> On the contrary, the english question mark "?" would not belong to a greek
> text.

Thanks for the additions. Per Unicode, the final sigma rule applies to
all text using Greek chars, not just text in Greek, so a sentence in
English finishing with a Greek word should presumably apply the rule to
that word, hence having "?" in my list (I am aware that Greek uses ";"
to indicate a question).
--
Joseph Wright