[XeTeX] Assignment of codes (particularly \catcode) based on Unicode data

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed May 6 21:15:10 CEST 2015

Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> It seems to me that most people have no idea what Unicode is and what is really
> involved.

OK, so if we restrict the Universe of Discourse to the set of native
Hellenic speakers who know what Unicode is, know the importance of being
able to use it to identify the correct upper case of (for example)
'GREEK SMALL LETTER EPSILON WITH PSILI', and hold an informed opinion on
the matter, would you expect that 100% of these would agree that the
uppercase is 'GREEK LETTER EPSILON' and not 'GREEK LETTER EPSILON WITH
PSILI', or would you expect that some percentage (perhaps small) would
hold the opposite point of view ?

** Phil.