[XeTeX] Assignment of codes (particularly \catcode) based on Unicode data

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed May 6 20:14:00 CEST 2015

Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>> I'd suggest that the basic (Xe|Lua)TeX formats should simply follow
>> Unicode properties.
>
> In addition, I would suggest that somewhere it is explained why this
> is not correct. Otherwise, people would see strange things and might
> wonder why they see them.

How united is the Hellenic-speaking world about this, Apostolos ?  Is it
a universal truth, universally accepted, or are there some (even just a
few) who maintain that Unicode is right and everyone else is wrong ?

** Phil.