[XeTeX] \font "<platform font>":color=FFFFFF produces black, not white glyphs

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 29 21:13:40 CEST 2015

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Thera are problems that do not matter and problems that do matter.
> PDF/X requires metadata in XML but IMHO they are not used by
> phototypesetters. I ignore such errors. What does matter is not
> embedded fonts (you never know what fonts will be used), transparency
> (you never know what happens), low resolution of bitmap (poor
> quality) and RGB colours (you never know which ICC profiles will be
> used for conversion to CMYK).

OK, I know my fonts are embedded because they are licensed fonts, not
printer resident, yet print OK. All images are embedded as
high-resolution PDFs (because XeTeX's \XeTeXpicfile primitive is buggy),
and the RGB/CMYK problem essentially out of my hands. So I think a few
test pages will have to suffice ...

** Phil.