[XeTeX] \font "<platform font>":color=FFFFFF produces black, not white glyphs

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 29 19:26:25 CEST 2015

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Professional Acrobat contains Prepress Tools that can verify PDF and fix
> quite a lot of problems. It costs money but a damaged book may cost even
> more. And there is also a PitStop plugin that may be useful. Many print
> houses have it and complain if the supplied PDF does not conform to PDF/X.

Yes, well ...  I do have a licenced copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro, and it
tells me that the PDF output from XeTeX is seriously PDF/X deficient ...

But I am also a realist, and if the printer (i.e., the company / the
person, as well as the device) can handle the PDF and produce good
output, that is all that really matters ...

** Phil.