[XeTeX] Placement of tanwin for indefinite accusatives in Arabic, arabxetex

FC firmicus04 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:50:23 CEST 2015

Hello Nathan,
Someone asked me privately about this recently and I therefore found your
question to the XeTeX mailing list from last April only now. Obviously
ArabXeTeX is lacking a package option to influence this behavior. I have
been inactive in this respect for the past 5 years, and this is no longer
totally fresh in my mind, but I am confident I can provide a patch later
this week that I will pass on to the current maintainer. For
backwards-compatibility the current behavior should probably remain the
default, even though ArabXeTeX aims to be as compatible as possible to the
original ArabTeX behavior. Opinion?
Regards,
François Charette