[XeTeX] \(pdf)mdfivesum

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 16:53:16 CEST 2015

> If MD5 is necessary for compatibility with some existing standard, so be
> it; but it's not secure anymore and it shouldn't be used in any new
> design
> where there's a concern about possible deliberate tampering, as opposed to
> accidental errors.  SHA1 is deprecated, too.  I think SHA256 is the
> current "best practice."

So someone will step in and implement this primitive but then we will realize we
need another primitive to handle the more advanced sha256. Programming languages

have libraries for this and they do not modify the language to handle every new
feature. So the best solution is to introduce some library mechanism that would

make it possible to introduce new commands without affecting the kernel.

A.S.