[XeTeX] \(pdf)mdfivesum

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 20:55:10 CEST 2015

> TeX systems are essentially self-contained: on a Windows system with TeX
> Live or MiKTeX installed one can nowadays assume Lua as well as TeX but
> nothing else. Moreover, I'm thinking specifically of a use case linked
> to the process of document preparation itself.

To the best of my knowledge Perl and Python are available for Windows.
People can download and install the languages. I do not think that
Microsoft would have any objection to this. So instead of augmenting
the language with unnecessary primitives, ask people to install a
serious scripting language. For years people in this forum are talking
about microtypography and other things that are missing from XeTeX so
I think it would be far more important to fully support these additional
features. Of course, I am not the one that decides what goes in and what
goes out but I just say my opinion.

A.S.