[XeTeX] Media9 buttons in RTL text

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Sat Apr 25 21:46:27 CEST 2015

Thanks for all these thoughts.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, while it was working (all three weeks
or so), I found the Hebrew as well as the English output just fine :)
[contra my expectation, given the caveat in the Lua manual and the
polyglossia warning]

[and I see that somehow I sent a response before I'd finished--no idea how
that happened, never went near send. My apologies to the list.]



On 2015-04-25, 15:29, "Arthur Reutenauer"
<arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:


>>RE: the misguided switching to Lua: I was not happy with that myself;
>> indeed I did so only because it was the only solution proposed to me
>> October, and I was well aware that such a quirky solution was likely to
>> cause problems. Indeed it was only a few weeks that I was able to follow
>> this procedureŠ so my suspicion was vindicated.
>  So I realised.  But just in case, I think I'll change Polyglossia to
>use luabidi instead of bidi if it's loaded with LuaTeX.  I had started
>doing that in May 2013 but found out the output was very poor with
>right-to-left as well as Indic-script languages, so I rolled back and
>inserted the warning you saw ("[Hebrew] is not supported with LuaTeX,
>etc.").  I will leave that warning, but will now load luabidi.  With all
>its shortcomings, that may still prove useful for some users and will
>mean they'll have one less hoop to jump through if they really want to
>use LuaTeX for, say, Hebrew or Hindi.

More information about the XeTeX mailing list