[XeTeX] Media9 buttons in RTL text

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Fri Apr 24 16:50:52 CEST 2015

Attempting to rephrase a problem in a more straightforward manne, going back to the root….

Consider the MWE below. This compiles fine and produces the expected output. However, uncommenting lines 16 and 32 in order to get the buttons/words in proper RTL order for Hebrew gives the following error (TL2014, and also now tried with TL2015 pretest):

“xdvipdfmx:fatal: A pending form XObject at the end of page” and the compilation aborts. The same happens using \begin{RTL} … \end{RTL} instead of \begin{hebrew} … \end{hebrew} or replacing the pair with \texthebrew{ …. }.

I was able to get around this temporarily using lualatex at the suggestion of the media9 author but this solution offered no longer works (http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/188434/media-button-in-rtl).

Can anyone suggest a fix? I’ve attached my log file.

Many thanks,

=====
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{libertine,media9,polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage[variant=british]{english}
\setotherlanguage[]{hebrew}

\begin{document}
\marginpar{\includemedia[
  label=song49,
  activate=pagevisible,
  deactivate=pageinvisible,
  noplaybutton,
  flashvars={source=http://www.kfeuerherm.ca/IntHeb/BBE.mp3&hidebar=true},
  transparent
]{\makebox[1cm]{x}}{APlayer.swf}\mediabutton[mediacommand=song49:playPause,tooltip={Play/Pause}]{(P)}\mediabutton[mediacommand=song49:play[(0.0)],tooltip={Reset}]{(R)}}

%\begin{hebrew}
\mediabutton[
  mediacommand=song49:play[(0.65)],
  mediacommand=song49:pause[(1.45)],