[XeTeX] Bidi, polyglossia, and luatex

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Mon Apr 20 15:27:10 CEST 2015

Greetings,

I have been working on a project which involves Hebrew, thus polyglossia and bidi. I am also using media9, and that eventually meant switching from xelatex to lualatex.

At someone's suggestion(http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/188434/media-button-in-rtl) I was able to circumvent the check for xetex in bidi by pointing a bidi alias in my directory to lua's bidi rather than xetex's. I fully expected this to break at some point and indeed it did last October....

I understood then that the this incompatibility might be resolved by TL2015 and given the recent discussions, was wondering whether someone could enlighten me?

(I have posted to the lua list also, as the more likely candidate, but no response so far. Apologies for duplication.)

Thank-you,