[XeTeX] additional beginL endL nodes in math

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 15 22:54:15 CEST 2015

David Carlisle wrote:

> Khaled will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the change
> affects this case, (internally the mechanism is different, but input and output is the same).

In that case (and this is partially off-topic), what is the correct
mechanism by which one should instruct XeTeX (current version : TL-2014)
to reverse that stretch of text ?  I have a 544pp book that goes to
print on Friday, and it contains Hebrew fragments which this thread has
caused me to re-examine; it would indeed seem that they are being set
incorrectly, LTR instead of RTL ...

	XeTeX source :

		two verses: “<foreign direction="RTL" language="Hebrew">חסר מכאן פסוק
את אשפן וכ' ופסוק ואת הארנבת</foreign>”; f.≈89r:

	PDF output :

		two verses: “ הארנבת ואת ופסוק וכ' אשפן את פסוק מכאן חסר ”; f. 89r:

Philip Taylor