[XeTeX] additional beginL endL nodes in math

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Apr 15 22:18:42 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 09:07:05PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> Let me go and read some of those issues, thanks for the pointer,

Just in case it is not clear why reviving the long dead TeX-XeT is a fix
here; TeX-XeT does not do any actual reversal but rather outputs special
opcodes in the DVI file and the DVI driver does the actual reversal, now
in the driver we do not “physically” reverse the order of the nodes but
instead change their X positions so that they are visually reversed. It
is possible to do the X manipulation in TeX, Omega does that, but not
for a mere mortal like me (and it does not help that the TeX code is
complex, interwoven and written in an archaic language I only
superficially understand), it was much easier to do it in the driver.

Regards,
Khaled