[XeTeX] datetime2 package and XeTeX

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 3 16:01:01 CEST 2015

Khaled Hosny wrote:

> AFAICT, looking inside -output-directory is done by Web2c (shared by all
> engines) and only when opening "input" files. I’m not sure what is the
> implications of doing so when locating other kinds of files.

OK, thanks Khaled.  I am certainly not in a position to comment on the
possible implications, but one way around the problem which seems
technically feasible to me were if a primitive could be added to XeTeX
to ascertain the attributes of the file associated with a given input
stream.  With such a primitive, one could write (e.g.,),

	\newread \PDFstream
	\openin \PDFstream = <sought-file>.pdf
	\edef \pdffile {\fileattribute \PDFstream {fullname}}
	\closein \PDFstream
	\XeTeXpdffile \pdffile

** Phil.