[XeTeX] bidi, math, and amstext

Vafa Khalighi tex.ctan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 06:24:40 CEST 2014

Well, I suppose you do not use low-level commands like \RL to typeset say
Arabic. Do you?

One usually defines an environment like:

\newfontfamily\arabicfont[ExternalLocation,Script=Arabic]{amiri-regular}
\newenvironment{arabtext}{\begin{RTL}\@Latinfalse\arabicfont}{\end{RTL}

or if you are defining commands:

\newcommand*{\textarab}[1]{\RL{\@Latinfalse\arabicfont #1}}

The definition of \RL is somehow special and should not be redefined like
you did.