[XeTeX] bidi, math, and amstext

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Sep 26 21:25:52 CEST 2014

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to say this, but: I seem to
have found a problematic interaction (aka bug?) between the bidi package
and the amstext package.

Here's a minimal example:

--------------------
\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{biblatex}
\usepackage{amstext}
\usepackage{bidi}

\begin{document}

V $_{\text{[high, low]}}$

\end{document}
------------------

I would of course expect the words "high" and "low" to come out in that
order in the PDF.  Instead, they come out in reverse order, something
like
     low] [high,
If I leave out the fontspec package in the above code, the resulting
output is even stranger:
     ]wol ,hgih[

I'm not sure why it's necessary to load the biblatex package in the
above, but if I don't then xelatex complains:
     ! Undefined control sequence.
     l.3 \abx at aux@sortscheme
                        {nty}

     Mike Maxwell