[XeTeX] XeLaTeX generated pdf metadata

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sat Sep 20 05:58:12 CEST 2014

> So although the producer fields provides evidence that I am using
> XeLaTeX, the creator field erroneously implies that I have typeset
> using LaTeX. Hence, there will be a high probability that my paper
> will either be removed by an automated server at arXiv.org or a human
> administrator.

/Creator is the same as in the case of pdfLaTeX:
/Creator(LaTeX with hyperref package)/Producer(pdfTeX-1.40.15).
However /Producer is erroneously overwritten by xdvipdfmx
in TeX Live 2014. Sorry for this feature.
The latest XeLaTeX and xdvipdfmx in the repository give
/Creator(LaTeX with hyperref package)/Producer(XeTeX 0.99992).

Best,
Akira