[XeTeX] XeLaTeX generated pdf metadata

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 04:15:53 CEST 2014

Dear XeTeX,

I have tried uploading a paper in pdf format that I typeset using
XeLaTeX to arXiv.org. However, it was later removed because it
"appeared to be PostScript/PDF generated from TeX source". I wrote to
arXiv-moderation, strongly arguing my case for using XeLaTeX rather
than LaTeX. They responded saying "In order to approve such a request
we'd have to have a PDF which includes it's XeTeX nature within the
pdf properties...".

When I typeset my paper using xelatex.exe, an xdv file is generated
which contains this in the metadata:
  \Creator(LaTeX with hyperref pacakge)\Author()\Producer(XeTeX 0.99991)
Later I use xdvipdfmx.exe to generate a pdf file. It contains this
information in the metadata:
  Creator:        LaTeX with hyperref package
  Producer:       xdvipdfmx (20140317)

So although the producer fields provides evidence that I am using
XeLaTeX, the creator field erroneously implies that I have typeset
using LaTeX. Hence, there will be a high probability that my paper
will either be removed by an automated server at arXiv.org or a human
administrator.

I realize that I could possibly hand edit the xdv file or use a
metadata editor to edit the pdf file. But I would rather not do this.
I would rather work transparently, not surreptitiously changing the
metadata of files.

Would it be possible that some qualified person could correct the
creator metadata output of XeLaTeX? I am currently using xelatex from
TeXLive 2014 running on Windows. Here is the first line from the log
file:
  This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99991 (TeX Live 2014/W32TeX)
(preloaded format=xelatex 2014.9.20)  20 SEP 2014 07:16

Many thanks in advance,
Dan

-----please ignore the following-----
Dear arXiv-moderation,