[XeTeX] font license

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Sep 4 19:33:17 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-03 17:44, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> Sounds like it'd be worth filing a bug report on this, as it certainly
> looks like incorrect behavior. Perhaps Jiang or Khaled would have time
> to track down exactly what's happening here.

Thanks, I've done this (Khaled of course already knows about the
problem), including a test file, and mentioning your suggestion:
> Maybe it's getting confused because Nikosh has the
> (relatively rare, I think) "No subsetting" flag set there?

BTW, this issue happens when an explicit xdvipdfmx command is
used--either on the command line (after xelatex was run with the -no-pdf
parameter), or as an -output-driver option on xelatex.  For some reason,
the issue does not happen when xelatex is called on the input file and
produces an output PDF--the font is embedded.  Does that mean that
xelatex by default ignores font licensing restrictions? (The resulting
PDF does subset the font, which is probably not the correct result if
the "no subsetting" restriction in the font is taken at face value.)

    Mike Maxwell