[XeTeX] font license

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:44:17 CEST 2014

> Why would xdvipdfmx think the Nikosh font is not embeddable, when it's
> ok with the Scheherazade?  Is it looking at some other field?  I don't
> think it's reading the entire license agreement :-).

Indeed. :)

I'd expect it to be looking at the fsType field in the OS/2 table:

   http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/os2.htm#fst

However, that should allow it to be embeddable. Maybe it's getting
confused because Nikosh has the (relatively rare, I think) "No
subsetting" flag set there? (Just a guess.)

Sounds like it'd be worth filing a bug report on this, as it certainly
looks like incorrect behavior. Perhaps Jiang or Khaled would have time
to track down exactly what's happening here.