[XeTeX] font license

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Sep 3 23:32:46 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-03 17:04, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> ...I don't know how you would find this
>> info on other Operating Systems.
>
> Maybe fontforge?

I have it open in FontForge now.  I would think the appropriate place to
look would be the Element | Font info command, which brings up a "Font
Information" dialog.  Under "TTF Names", there are a number of fields,
including one labeled "License", which is the Creative License v3 (as
Lorna saw).  But I don't see a field labeled "Embeddability" (or
similar), but then I don't see that field in the Scheherazade font
either, and xdvipdfmx treats that as embeddable.

So I'm not sure in FontForge how to get at the embeddability information
that xdvipdfmx (and Microsoft's font info plugin) is using.

    Mike Maxwell