[XeTeX] XeLaTeXmk in MikTeX?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 23 18:34:33 CEST 2014

> On Oct 23, 2014, at 11:05 AM, Karljurgen Feuerherm <kfeuerherm at wlu.ca> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Herb.
>
> I¹ll see whether I can cobble something together. (I don¹t work on Windows
> anymore eitherŠ.)
>
> Best

> Karljürgen G. Feuerherm, PhD | 2-139 Department of History | Wilfrid
> Laurier University | 75 University Avenue West | Waterloo, Ontario N2L
> 3C5

Howdy,

You can check the xelatexmk.engine (~/Library/TeXShop/Engines) and the two configuration files, latexmkrcedit (~/Library/TeXShop/bin) and xelatexmkrc (~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatexmk).

The xelatexmk.engine script basically calls the latexmk program (a copy is kept in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatexmk for safety purposes) telling it to read in those two configuration files mentioned above (+ a third one, platexmkrc, in the same directory as the source file that provides special commands for a particular project---e.g., to use texindy to create an index rather than makeindex) before the file to typeset.

The latexmkrcedit configuration file contains general dependencies & rules to deal with several popular packages. The xelatexmkrc files contains the information to use xelatex rather than pdflatex to do the typesetting job.

You may be able to adapt these for use on Windows but I don't know how.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)