[XeTeX] Σχετ: fontforge created characters in private use area

Erich Hoffmann erichhoffmann at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 11:42:20 CEST 2014

Am Sun, 5 Oct 2014 02:31:18 -0500
schrieb <mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca>:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 2014, Erich Hoffmann wrote:
> >    14:57 GMT 31-Jul-2012 (this was taken from the fontforge
> > homepage as fontforge_full-20120731-b.tar.bz2).  Autotrace version
> > is 0.31.1. ,
>
> You may have better results going to the current FontForge home page
> at http://fontforge.github.io/en-US/
>
> More or less official FontForge support is now located at
>    https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge

Thanks a lot.  I installed the new version
fontforge 10:45 CEST  5-Oct-2014 and it really looks better.

   But the problem remains the same.  Perhaps it is the localization?
The first time I started the git version, i had an "autotrace" entry
in the Element menu - but not "boldface", the entry was "grey" and
could not be chosen.

The second run showed german localization which I don't like at all,
because the entries are really different from the english
documentation.  There are entries like "Extrema hinzufügen" (add
extrema) and "Richtung korrigieren" (correct direction) and "Insert Text
outlines", but experimenting with these did not yield results. In fact,
"insert text outlines" starts a dialog that i don't understand.

I add the new sfd file, generated by the git version of fontforge.

erich