[XeTeX] Graphics overwriting text

Johann Spies johann.spies at alterit.co.za
Fri Nov 21 11:07:29 CET 2014

I cannot rememember whether I ever had a problem like this.  Today,
xelatex seems to ignore settings like [width=0.8\linewidth] when I use
includegraphics. I had to scale it down to [width=0.25\linewidth] today
to get a a picture in my text which which I could work.

Another problem showed up: the image lies over some text.  In the past
LateX / XeLaTeX respected the boundaries and that did not happen. The
following code cased the output in the attachment:
--------------------------
\item  ``It must be help which is quite uncalculating.  Those who
  helped did not think that they were helping Christ, and thus piling
  up eternal merit; they helped because the could not stop themselves
  helping'' \cite[359]{barclay_gospel_1968}.

\end{itemize}

\includegraphics[scale=0.1]{DSC_3936.JPG}

--------------------------------

What is going on here?

Regards
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4599(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536

     "A new commandment I give unto you; That ye love one
      another. As I have loved you, so ye also must love one
      another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my
      disciples, if ye have love one to another."
                         John 13:34,35