[XeTeX] Gentium Book / Book Basic + TeX Ligatures = memory leak

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed Nov 12 10:21:40 CET 2014

On 12/11/2014 17:07, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> I'll try to see what is going on here, might be a bug or just XeTeX
> trying hard to find the font from the incorrect name it is given.

Well, if it was that, then Gentium:Ligatures=TeX would suffer the same
problem. But it doesn't. Just changing the font causes the problem.

Also, it's showing classic signs of a memory leak - xetex gets
progressively slower until it's barely usable, and memory footprint
increases.

Can't reproduce on Linux though.