[XeTeX] Gentium Book / Book Basic + TeX Ligatures = memory leak

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Nov 12 09:07:15 CET 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:
> OK, this is an odd one. Here's my test document:
>
> \documentclass{book}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setromanfont{Gentium:Ligatures=TeX}

This not the correct syntax; Ligatures=TeX is a fontspec option and
should be passed to it: \setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{Gentium}. What is
inside the curly bracket is passed to XeTeX as font name, so it should
be just the font name (or file name, fontspec knows how to handle
this).

> Memory usage peaks at around 185M on this MacBook Pro. (I'm using
> -no-pdf to eliminate xdvipdfmx as a source of any problems.)

I'll try to see what is going on here, might be a bug or just XeTeX
trying hard to find the font from the incorrect name it is given.

Regards,
Khaled