[XeTeX] FreeSerif fonts and devanagari ligatures

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 22:18:17 CET 2014

>>> Where do you find them?
>>>
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/freefont/
>
> Thank you. These are the fonts coming with texlive-2013.

Yes, byt TL 2013 contains the official release of FreeFont dated
2012-05-03. This release does not work with Harfbuzz. A lot of
problems were fixed, the working version appeared  on subversion about
half year ago. Thus even a bit old revision works but definitely not
the official release.

> Can you try to compile this sample and look at ligature tr (gotra) on
> first line, ligature  śr on second line and ligature pr on third line.

Attached, all OK with a newer version of FreeFont.