[XeTeX] FakeBold vs TikZ

Marcin Woliński wolinski at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Jun 16 08:37:22 CEST 2014

Dnia 2014-06-15, nie o godzinie 17:03 -0500, Herbert Schulz pisze:
> I'm using TeX Live 2014 (from the pretest) on a Mac and don't see that black dot (unless it's awfully small).

This is good news, thanks.  On the other hand, it’s a pity there is no
more incentive to learn what is happening there. ;-) It has to be
something deep in the engine since the \savebox version also causes the
dot to appear.

Could anyone check on Linux TeXlive 2014?  Maybe it’s Linux specific…

> Could it be something that has to do with your PDF Viewer?

Definitely not.

Best,
M.