[XeTeX] tikz problem still there

Stefan Solbrig stefan.solbrig at ur.de
Tue Jun 3 16:20:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

I think is is more an issue of the preview package.
Quote from the documentation of preview: „This works with DVI  files
postprocessed by either Dvips and Ghostscript or dvipng, but it also
works  when you are using PDFTEX for generating PDF files (usually
also postprocessed  by Ghostscript).“

In addition, when I compile the following snippet with xelatex, I get
a perfectly fine shading.

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tikz}
\begin{document}
    \begin{tikzpicture}
        \shade [left color=blue, right color=yellow] (0,0) rectangle
(8,8);
    \end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

If you want a “tight” pdf file, you can use pdfcrop.

best regards,
stefan