[XeTeX] New version of xetex

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Jul 27 22:47:40 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 06:37:18PM +1000, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> Thanks for the new version of xetex which fixes some very important bidi
> issues. I have tested the new version and it seems to be working fine. Will
> this make it into TeXLive 2015? or is it experimental?

It should make it to TeX Live 2015 (unless there are any major issues
that we can not fix by then, but I hope there will not be any).

> With this, some of bidi package's obsolete codes (patching color, xcolor,
> hyperref, etc) needs to be removed. I hope to be able to release new
> version of bidi package for TeXLive 2015.

I suggest that the new version of bidi check the XeTeX version and only
load those patches if it is less that 0.99993, this way it can be safely
uploaded to CTAN and TeX Live even before 2015 release, allowing for
easier testing by just getting the new binaries (say from tlcontrib or
W32TeX).

Regards,
Khaled