[XeTeX] CID-keyed font support?

Jiang Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 17:06:15 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear Jiang Jiang,
>

>> Yes, if you look at the logic there, it was trying to resolve the
>> ToUnicode CMap by first attempting to load SourceHanSansJP-UTF16-H in
>> texmf tree (with kpathsea), if this couldn't be found it will try
>> SourceHanSansJP-UCS2-H instead, if that couldn't be found it will have
>> to bail out.
>

> In the case of dvipdfmx, we usually write in a map file,
> cid-x.map for example, like
> gbm  UniSourceHanSansJP-UTF16-H  SourceHanSansJP-Regular.otf
> where gbm means a tfm:  gbm.tfm.

Yes, I understand that and had spent quite amount of time getting such
map file right, but I consider that approach less "XeTeX-like" as most
XeTeX documents / setup should just work out of the box without
tweaking in each TeX installation. The motivation for my initial patch
is to make such map files unnecessary.

- Jiang