[XeTeX] CID-keyed font support?

Jiang Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 17:00:25 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wonder if this has been discussed before but I have been wondering
if CID-keyed fonts are supported by XeTeX/xdvipdfmx at all.

Recent release of Source Han Sans [1] brought up the question again.

If you install Source Han Sans CN Regular for instance, the following document:

\font\body="Source Han Sans CN" at 10pt \body
测试
\end

won't work:

(./test.tex [1]
** WARNING ** Failed to load ToUnicode CMap for font "SourceHanSansCN-Regular"
** WARNING ** Glyph for CID 16719 missing in font
"/Users/jjgod/Library/Fonts/SourceHanSansCN-Regular.otf".
 )

The resulting PDF end up having the wrong glyphs.

I don't mind taking a look but any hints will be appreciated.

- Jiang

[1] http://sourceforge.net/adobe/source-han-sans/wiki/Home/