[XeTeX] \subsubsection or something similar?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jul 5 22:01:55 CEST 2014

On Jul 5, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at skimble.plus.com> wrote:

> How can I have "\subsubsection*{Indications}" showing in the PDF, but
> not in the toc? This is in the "article class", and using the above
> there is no differentation between the heading and the rest of the
> text. \section is used for the chapter headings, \subsection for the
> individual drug names, and \subsubsection for the individual sections of
> the drug. Or is there anything that I could use in place of
> \subsubsection please?
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.

Howdy,

I don't quite understand... the * version of the command will not be numbered inplace and will not be placed in the toc. Is that what you want? If you want it to be numbered but not show up in the toc use \subsubsection{Indications} and \setcounter{tocdepth}{2} and none of the \subsubsection commands will appear in the toc.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)