[XeTeX] Hyphenation around „ß“

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Feb 17 14:05:20 CET 2014

Am Mon, 17 Feb 2014 12:46:17 +0000 schrieb
listas at tex-tipografia.com:

>> I did notify Javier Bezos, the maintainer of babel. He could change
>> hyphen.cfg. But I don't know if he did anything about it yet.

> I'm investigating it, but I think the proper place is
> xetex.ini, not hyphen.cfg.

xetlatex.ini can't do it: latex.ltx changes lccode/uccode directly
before reading hyphen.cfg:

\lccode`\^^[=`\^^[   % oe in OT1
\lccode`\- =`\-   % default hyphen char
\lccode 127=127   % alternate hyphen char
\lccode 23 =23    % textcompwordmark in T1
\InputIfFileExists{hyphen.cfg}

There is no sensible hook for xelatex.ini.

The codes must be changed again either at the begin of hyphen.cfg or
at the begin of every pattern affected by the problem.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/