[XeTeX] Binding control sequence to input character

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Dec 21 16:13:44 CET 2014

ShreeDevi Kumar wrote:

> I want to increase fontsize of just one letter in a word,
>
> Is it possible in xelatex to bind a control sequence to an input
> character ?

I cannot think why not :  can you not simply write :

	\def \mycontrolsequence {...}

replacing the ellipsis with the actual Unicode character desired,
either by direct keyboard entry or via copy-and-paste ?

However, I am not convinced this will address your real need; for that,
I would expect you to have to make the character active :

	\catcode `\... = \active

where the ellipsis is replaced as above, and then

	\def ...{<whatever>}

where <whatever> is the necessary code to set the letter larger
(including the letter itself, of course, suitably de-activated).

Or you might achieve it using \interchartoks.

Philip Taylor